Lemon Pasta is a light, tangy and refreshing dish the whole family will love. This vegan Lemon pasta has sliced zucchinis sautéed into it coming together in under 30 minutes and all in one pot. You will love this one.
Why Make This Lemon Pasta.
It is refreshing, light and full of summer flavors.
This lemon pasta is totally plant based, but you can have it as a main, or paired with chicken, shrimp or salmon this is your choice.
This recipe requires one cooking dish! You make the entire recipe using one dish. It's ready in under 30 minutes and is full of fresh lemon flavors.
Ingredients For Lemon Pasta.
Pasta. Any pasta shape of choice will work, I prefer rigatoni. You can also use Gluten-Free Noodles.
Seasoning. Rosemary, oregano, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Lemon. You will need fresh lemon, we will be using the zest from the lemon for a flavor punch. One medium size should be plenty.
Olive Oil. A non bitter light tasting olive oil such as this olive oil
Fresh Garlic. I always go for fresh, it really elevates flavor.
Full Fat coconut milk. We will use the entire can for this Lemon Pasta.
Zucchini. About 2 medium sized.
Fresh Basil. for garnish. You can also use spinach or micro greens.
Cheese. Vegan shredded or Italian cheese blend (Optional)
How To Make Lemon Pasta.
Step one. Heat your olive oil in a deep skillet or sauté pan on medium to high heat. Add in diced onions and zucchini. Sauté for about 3 minutes until fragrant. Then add in seasoning and chopped garlic. Sauté for another 3 - 5 minutes.
Step Two. Add in lemon juice, zest, uncooked pasta and coconut milk. add a pinch more salt and cover for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
Step three. Uncover and simmer for another 3 - 5 minutes to be sure sauce is thickened. Serve top with fresh basil and enjoy immediately.
Tips For Lemon Pasta.
No need to. The Pasta will cook in the water and coconut milk to the perfect texture.
If you use gluten free pasta, yes it will be gf!
Yes, you can also use summer squash in place or skip it all together.
Yes, fried tofu, grilled chicken or shrimp would be great with this lemon pasta.
Other Recipes To Try.
- 2 cups pasta uncooked
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini about 2 small/medium zucchinis
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp chili pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup lemon juice *
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1¼ cup water
- 1 13.5 oz can Full Fat coconut Milk
- ½ cup vegan cheese or italian cheese blend optional
- Step one. Heat your olive oil in a deep skillet or sauté pan on medium to high heat. Add in diced onions and zucchini. Sauté for about 3 minutes until fragrant. Then add in seasoning and chopped garlic. Sauté for another 3 - 5 minutes.
- Step Two. Add in lemon juice, zest, uncooked pasta, water and coconut milk. add a pinch more salt and cover. Cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Stir frequently while cooking.
- Step three. Uncover and simmer on low/medium heat for another 3 - 5 minutes to be sure sauce is thickened. If using vegan shredded cheese, fold it in while hot. Serve topped with fresh basil and enjoy immediately. Can also be served chilled.