Easy lemon blueberry bread with a light glaze is perfect for breakfast or as a sweet treat. This bread is full of lemon flavors and lightly sweetened. Any novice in the kitchen can whip this up!Jump to Recipe
This bread has a tangy lemon glaze to go over the the top. It is made with two ingredients: more lemon juice and powdered sugar. When you let the bread completely cool and lightly brush it with the glaze it will harden just little bit and give the bread a more decedent look and texture.
The blueberries give it a beautiful pop of color so I recommend not skipping this part! I used frozen blueberries and they worked great.
I don’t care what time of year it is, fresh lemon flavors and blueberries just pair so well together. Spring is the best time to start pulling out this recipe combo but as I mentioned – I like it year round. I have made this bread a few times for house warming gifts and it’s always a great hit with the friends and family!
Other blueberry recipes I love:
What you will need for this Easy Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Oil. I used coconut oil. You have the option to use butter or canola oil as well
- Eggs. You will need two large eggs
- Sugar. I used white sugar so that the yellow hue showed more. You can use coconut sugar however your bread may look a little different from mine.
- Fresh lemons. The fresh lemon juice is a must! It will make this bread light and bright with flavor.
- Blueberries. Fresh or frozen. I used frozen for this recipe
- Flour. I used all purpose flour.
- Almond milk. You can use any milk you’d like but if you want to make this bread dairy free I suggest using a plant based milk.
- Powdered Sugar. This is for the glaze. I highly recommend the glaze. It is made with lemons so it has a tangy sweetness and it gives the bread a luxurious top. This recipe is lower in sugar so you may want this little added sweetness to liven the bread up!
Easy Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Loaf Pan (any size)
- ½ cup coconut oil (or butter)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup white sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs lemon zest
- ½ cup bluberries – fresh or frozen
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup almond milk
For the glaze
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Heat over to 350. Line bread pan with oil or parchemnt paper.
- Mix the melted oil and sugar with a hand mixer until its blended well. Add the lemon zest, juice and eggs and milk in and mix.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt with a whisk. Slowly add it into the wet mix bowl. Add in bluberries and fold with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Make sure mixture is evenly spread. Cook for about 40 minutes or until top is slightly browned. Check with a toothpick to be sure the middle is cooked. Toothpick should come out clean.
For the lemon glaze
- add the juice into a small bowl with powdered sugar. mix with a whick until it's evenly mixed and thick enough to glaze. You may need a little more powdered sugar to thicken it. Once bread is completely cooled add glaze slowly and let it harden before cutting into.