Easy, creamy one dish baked spaghetti and meatballs. This meal is the king of comfort, no boiling water necessary. Dump all the ingredients into one dish, throw in the oven and dinner is served.
Table of contents
Why Make This Baked Spaghetti And Meatballs
This recipe is EASY. It's almost too easy to whip up. It is so comforting and the creamy melted goat cheese is optional, but gosh is is good. You know I wouldn't lead you astray on that, trust me you will love it. You can also sub cream cheese instead. This recipe is all made in one dish (hello easy clean up!) and it's kid and husband approved.
Ingredients To Make This Recipe
Pasta. Spaghetti is best!
Pasta Sauce. Any will do, just pick your favorite jar.
Water. Adding this to the dish to help spread the pasta sauce and cook the pasta.
Frozen Meatballs. Grab your favorite brand, i like to use turkey meatballs.
Seasoning. Adding seasoning will help bring all the flavors together and make your sauce taste more homemade. Oregano, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder.
Goat Cheese. This will be added in later on in baking and it makes the dish so creamy and lush. You can also skip it or use cream cheese in place. It all tastes great!
Steps To Make This Dish
Step One. Preheat oven to 400° In a 9 x 11 Or similar size baking dish add spaghetti noodles straight from the box to the bottom of the dish.
Step Two. Next layer on your 24 ounce jar of pasta sauce. Then put 2 cups of water into the empty pasta sauce jar shake and pour over noodles. Add remaining cup of water. *please note you may need a little more water throughout the cook* Sprinkle seasoning over sauce and make sure it's evenly spread.
Step Three. Top mixture with frozen meatballs. Tightly cover with tinfoil in place in the oven for 50 minutes. Pull the casserole dish out, place goat cheese into the center of the dish and cook for another 10 minutes, uncovered.
Step Four. Once noodles are al dente. Mix pasta up and make sure goat cheese is mixed into sauce well. Serve with garlic bread and salad and enjoy!
Tips and FAQ's
Yes, fettuccini, angel hair or any will work. Cook times may vary a little so keep a close eye.
Yes, again this may change the cook time by about 15 minutes so please check on it a little early.
*This baked spaghetti and meatballs will keep in the refrigerator for up to five days or you can freeze it in an airtight container for up to three months*
This means you need to add a little more water, try another cup and cook for another 5-8 minutes.
Make Ahead & Storage Tips
This recipe is wonderful for meal prep or making ahead of time. It lasts for up to 5 days in the fridge and you can also freeze it for up to 3 months. I also like to make it when entertaining, once it's finished baking, dump it into a crock pot on low and serve when ready!
Other Recipes To Enjoy
Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 1 lb spaghetti *see notes
- ½ lb frozen turkey meatballs *see notes
- 1 24 oz jar pasta sauce
- 3 cups water *more may be needed through coking process
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp crushed, dried, oregano
- ⅓ cup goats chèvre *see notes for substitute
- Preheat oven to 400°In a 9 x 11 Or similar size baking dish add spaghetti noodles straight from the box to the bottom of the dish.
- Next layer on your 24 ounce jar of pasta sauce. Then put 2 cups water into the empty pasta sauce jar shake and pour over noodles. Add remaining cup of water. Sprinkle seasoning over sauce, make sure it's evenly spread.
- Top mixture with frozen meatballs. Tightly cover with tinfoil in place in the oven for 50 minutes. Pull the casserole dish out, place goat cheese into the center of the dish and cook for another 10 minutes uncovered.
- Once noodles are al dente, mix pasta up and make sure goat cheese is mixed into sauce well. Serve with garlic bread and salad and enjoy!
- *If noodles are still getting stuck and seem dry, simple add another 1/2 -1 cup of water and let it cook for another 5-8 minutes. This just means they aren't quite finished cooking and need more liquid. *