This salad is dairy-free, gluten-free, full of savory nutty notes and ready in 10 minutes or less. Make any meal elevated to perfection with this salad served on the side.
This salad will be a family favorite with the miso honey tahini dressing. This shaved brussel sprout salad gets bettering better as the week goes on. Fun Fact: Did you know it's actually spelled Brussels Sprouts? We will leave the s off for this post, but now you know!
Why Make This Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad.
This salad is easy and full of nutrients and it is delicious.
It is allergy friendly, gluten-free and vegan (if you use maple syrup)
This salad is the perfect side for dinners and lunches. It gets better as the week goes on if you'd like to make it for meal prep. You can add bacon to it or top it with grilled chicken to make a whole meal of it.
Ingredients For This Recipe.
Shaved Brussel Sprouts. You can slice/shave them yourself or you can buy them already shaved at most large grocery chains.
Sun Dried Tomatoes. You can use the ones in oil or the ones out of oil.
Tahini. A high quality smooth tahini will work best. This is a sesame seed based product. If you cannot find tahini, use a creamy cashew butter.
White Miso. This is found at all natural food grocers. If you do not have Miso paste, you will need some extra salt. The recipe will still be delicious.
Pecorino or parmesan. Either will work! If making this vegan, grab a platt-based parm or make it yourself with cashews and nooch!
Almonds. Walnuts or cashews will work as well. You will be crushing them into bits.
How To Make This Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad.
Step 1. Mix all of the dressings ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
Step 2. Shave or chop brussels or add shaved brussels to a large bowl. Add in all the other ingredients: cheese, tomatoes, chopped almonds.
Step 3. Pour dressing over salad mix and mix with salad tossers. Mix salad up well, it will take a bit to evenly spread the thick dressing.
FAQ's & Tips.
Yes, the marinated tomatoes will work great!
Most national grocers carry tahini, even walmart! Check in the peanut butter aisle. If you can't find it, use cashew butter in place.
Use maple syrup instead of honey and use a plant based parmesan or make your own!
Other Salads You may enjoy.
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Cashew Butter
- Kale Salad With Lemon Honey Dressing
- Salmon Cobb Salad With Vegan Ranch
If you make these, be sure to post about it and tag me on Instagram @sailor_bailey and use #SailorBailey so I can see your creations! I always appreciate your feedback. You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram. Sign up for my eMail list, too!
Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
For The Salad
- 6 cups brussel sprouts chopped or shaved
- ⅓ cup sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped raw almonds *
- ⅓ cup parmesan or pecorino *
For The Dressing
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp miso
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1½ tsp honey *
- ½ tsp italian seasoning
- Chop or shave brussel sprouts if you don't buy them pre shaved. Add to a large serving bowl. Add chopped sun dried tomatoes, cheese, and almonds.** If almonds are't pre chopped, place whole raw almonds in a food processor and pulse a bit to shop them up. Do not over blend you want them to add texture!
- Add all ingredients to high speed blender or medium sized bowl. Blend well, scrapping the sides as you go. Use a fork or immersion blender if mixing by hand. ***You may need to add more water 1 tbsp at a time. Keep adding water slowly until dressing has properly thinned to a texture that will easily blend into salad.