In this blog post I show you how to make the most delicious soft pumpkin spice cookies. They are made with real pumpkin and will put you in the mood for fall! They are soft and full of flavor, I can easily devour a few in one sitting.Jump to Recipe
Other recipes you might enjoy:
These Cookies Can Be Made Vegan
I actually prefer this recipe vegan, I have made it several ways and the vegan version comes out quite perfectly. You can of course add the egg in the recipe if you do not have access to flax or chia seeds. But if you have one of those on hand, I recommend giving it a go!
You determine the frosting amount!
If you are watching your sugar intake make sure you skip the frosting or drizzle it on vs dunking the cooking in. See the photo below for the drizzle option!
These Cookies Use Canned Or Fresh Cooked Pumpkin Purée
You can use fresh pumpkin that is peeled and steamed or canned pumpkin. The pumpkin keeps these cookies super moist and full of pumpkin flavor. I am always stocked up on pumpkin all year round but this is a great way to use up some of my stash!
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup coconut sugar white sugar works fine as well!
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg OR 1 chia egg 2 tbs chia+ 1 tbs water soak until formed into a gel
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp almond milk * you may need a little more depending on thickness desired
- Set oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl mix sugar and coconut oil well. Soak chia egg if making this vegan. Add vanilla extract, pumpkin and mix well.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, salt, oats. Once whisked together well, slowly add to the wet bowl.
- Form into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet covered in parchement paper. Bake for 11 -12 minutes.
- add powdered sugar and almond milk together in a small bowl. Briskly whisk together well, add a tiny bit of almond milk if you need to thin the frosting out a bit more. When cookies are finished and cooled, dunk the tops in the frosting and sprinkle a dash of pumpkin spice over them. Enjoy!