Make sure you are sitting down when you bite into one of these! They are honestly the most delicious fall inspired treat. These caramel pumpkin muffins are perfect for a breakfast treat or dessert. Topped with a light apple caramel sauce giving them the ultimate autumn vibe.Jump to Recipe
These tasty muffins are easy to make I promise! They give off the vibe that you slaved over them for a few hours and it will only take a few steps to whip them up quickly.
Other recipes to try:
As temps drop, we all get ready to turn our ovens on and get the house smelling like fall flavors. Baking can be a challenge for many, including myself. You will be able to make these like a pro. I adapted a plain pumpkin recipe to make it a bit healthier with no refined sugars. I then wanted to sweeten things up with an apple topping.
The apple topping is good on multiple dishes
You may want to make a bit extra to top your oats, yogurt, cookies and more with it. You may even want to eat it by the spoonful!
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
Apple Caramel Topping
- 1 chopped apple (I used gala)
- 3 tbsp butter or vegan butter
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Set oven to 375. in a medium bowl mix together all the wet ingredients (pumpkin, vanilla, coconut oil, eggs. Mix wet ingredients together.
- In a large bowl mix togeher all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, sugar) whisk together well.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry, mix well using a stiff spatula. Once mixture is well mixed (it will be thick not runny!) add muffin cups to a muffin tin and fill about 3/4 of the way.
- Pop them into the oven for 10 minutes. Make the apple mixture while they are baking. You will top the muffins with the mixture after 10 minutes and then put them back into the oven to bake for another 10. If you are skipping the apple mixture, cook muffins for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I wish i could do 10 stars ... so good
that apple toppimg was perfect on my porridge this morning.
perfect for apple season! I used almond flpur and made them gluten free. I just added an extra ½ cup to the flour measurements. Might try them vegan next
THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE FALL RECIPE!!!
bravo my friend. These were easy and so addicting.
These muffins really get me in the fall spirit and taste soooo good! I am excited to make these a autumn tradition in my house.