These strawberry yogurt muffins are the perfect breakfast item. The fresh strawberries and vegan yogurt add moisture to the texture. Perfect for strawberry season.
This blog post is sponsored by So Delicious® Dairy free coconut milk yogurt alternatives. My favorite coconut yogurt. It is thick, creamy and full of flavor. This recipe calls for the Vanilla Coconut Milk Yogurt Alternative. You can find all these flavors and more at Sprouts Farmers Market.
These muffins were a hit in my house. They are packed with flavor, fool proof and the yogurt gives them a little protein and a creamy texture. Strawberries are coming into season so they will be on sale and sweet as can be.
Other Strawberry Recipes I Love
What you will need for this recipe
- Strawberries. Fresh will work best, frozen might add too much moisture to this recipe. Chop them up into bite sized pieces.
- Eggs. 2 fresh room temperature eggs.
- Yogurt. One 5.3 oz container or plain or vanilla So Delicious® coconut yogurt alternative.
- two cups of flour.
- baking powder, make sure it’s fresh!
- coconut oil, since this recipe is dairy free we will be using coconut oil instead of butter.
- coconut sugar. regular white sugar works well.
- almond milk. I suggest using So Delicious® almond beverage
- muffin tin.
Top your muffins
you can eat your muffins plain, but I prefer them with a little butter. If you want to really sweeten them up, top them with some homemade sweet butter. You can use any vegan butter or regular butter soften it slightly to room temperature and stir in some raw sugar. You can also use stevia or other sugar but I prefer the sugar crystals from raw sugar, they give it a little crunch. Another option is some fresh nut butter for spreading, this add more protein the muffins and makes them a great after workout snack!
28 Minute Strawberry Yogurt Muffins
- Muffin Tin
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp all purpose flour separated from above *
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temp)
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- ¼ cup almond milk (+ 1 tbs)
- ¾ cup strawberries chopped
- Preheat oven to 375. Mix 2 tsp of flour with strawberries to help them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add all dry ingredients together. In another bowl mix all wet ingredients together. MIX EGGS IN LAST. Mix them into the wet ingredients slowly, by hand. Now pour wet ingredients into dry, mix them slowly by hand * do not over mix*. Fold strawberries into mixture. Spray muffin tin, or line with muffin cups. Fill all the cups evenly. You may need to bake another batch after the first depending on your muffin tin size.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!