Roasted Cauliflower With Curried Tahini Sauce is so full of flavor and textures you won't be able to stop eating it. This recipe satisfies both the savory and sweet senses and is a great side or appetizer anytime of year.
Why Make This Recipe.
This recipe is allergy friendly and super satisfying.
You can have it as a side to just about any dish or as an appetizer before the meal.
Cauliflower is such a versatile veggie, you will want to make this weekly!
Roasted Cauliflower is one of my favorite sides of all time. With tahini added in the mix it just takes things up a notch. I can't seem to get sick of tahini so I keep my pantry stocked at all times.
I frequently visit a popular restaurant with a roasted cauliflower and tahini sauce appetizer. Ever since I have tried this recipe years ago, I have been obsessed with the combination of cauliflower and tahini. The sweet notes from the chopped dates really cure any sweet and savory hankerings you might have.
Ingredients For This Roasted Cauliflower.
Tahini. This does all the heavy lifting here! Do not skip this sauce ingredient. If you have allergies or can't find it, use plain cashew butter.
Cauliflower. The most versatile veggie. It has a mild flavor making it a blank canvas to work with in the kitchen.
Curry. You can skip the curry and use cumin instead. Both seasonings offer great flavor.
Salt. Salt really brings all the flavors together. Make sure you use a high quality salt such as pink Himalayan.
Honey or Maple Syrup. The sweetness will make the flavors perfect. If adds the perfect touch to marry the tahini, garlic, lemon and curry together.
How To Roast Your Cauliflower Perfectly.
Step 1 & 2. Mix the sauce together while waiting for the oven to preheat to 400 degrees. You will add all the ingredients and then slowly add 1 tbsp of water at a time until sauce separates from oil and creates a beautiful smooth texture. This will take a little patience.
Step 3 & 4. The most important part of this recipe is roasting your cauliflower. You want to get it nice and tender with a little char on it for the best taste. I like to start by Roasting an empty sheet pan in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. When you lay your seasoned and oiled cauliflower down on it you will hear it sizzle and this is what gives the veggie a perfect brown to it.
FAQs & Expert Tips.
Yes, they are optional in this recipe which is why they aren't on the recipe graphic. However I do recommend add a nut of some sort to give a little crunch. You can use dry roasted almonds or walnuts or raw!
No problem you can skip the curry and use cumin in place if you like that spice. Just taste things as you go.
Yes, you can. It will only keep tasty in the fridge for about 2 days maximum so I suggest you eat it quick.
Other Cauliflower Recipes.
Roasted Cauliflower With Tahini Sauce.
For The Cauliflower
- 5 cups Cauliflower. Chopped into bite sized pieces About 1 medium head.
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For The Tahini Sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp tahini (blended well)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp chopped dates
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ cup warm water keep seperate read instructions.
- 1 tbsp pistachios optional
- fresh dill or parsley for garnish optional
- Place chopped florets in a big bowl. Pour 2 tbs of the oil over it and toss to be sure it is evenly coated. Next season with salt, garlic, curry and pepper to taste. Place in oven on 400 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes. Toss every 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together tahini, remainder of the oil, seasoning and lemon. Add small amounts of the warm water to the mix to thin the dressing. Consistency should be similar to a thick salad dressing. Be patient and add a little at a time until oil and mix combine.
- Once cauliflower is completely cooked put into a serving dish. Toss in chopped dates and pistachios. Pour curry tahini sauce over the veggies and toss until it is evenly coated with sauce. Top with herbed garnish.