These baked cauliflower bites are gluten free, full of flavor, easy to make and highly addicting. You can also cook them in an air fryer. You are going to love these cauliflower bites!Jump to Recipe
These bites are crunchy on the outside and have delicious flavor. I like to also call them bbq vegetarian wings, it feels like you are eating some deep fried boneless chicken bites but vegetarian and MUCH healthier.
You only need a few simple ingredients to create this party favorite snack. The real heavy lifting is done by the bbq sauce and the cauliflower.
Other cauliflower recipes to try:
If you aren't a big barbecue fan, you can easily make these with franks hot sauce or even with ranch. The options are limitless.
What if I want to make them vegan?
The key to making these bites extra crispy is the brown rice flour or almond flour. They add a great texture you will love. I have a vegan version of this recipe as well but it won't be as crispy. You can find that here
Looking for a good bbq sauce
There are so many on the shelves!
I highly recommend you look at the nutrition labels and find one that has lower sugar and less chemical ingredients in it. I like to water down the bbq sauce in this recipe because a little goes a long way and we all know less it more!
Baked BBQ Cauliflower Bites
- 6 cups fresh cauliflower (or 1 medium head chopped)
- 1 cup brown rice or almond flour
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion salt
- ⅓ cup bbq sauce
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- If cooking in the oven, set it to 400 degrees line a pan with parchement paper. Chop cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- In a medium sized bowl add brown rice flour or almond flour, onion salt, garlic pwder and whisk together. In another medium sized bowl add the eggs. Whisk eggs together.
- Dip the cauliflower into the egg wash then into the flour mixture. Be sure to cover the florets all around. Place flat on parchement paper. If you are using an air fryer, place them directly in the air fryer.For Oven: Bake on 400 for 10 minutes gently turn them and cook for another 10 or until they are softened.For Air Fryer: cook on 350 for 15 minutes. Oven and fryer temps may vary please check on the cauliflower a few times to be sure it doesnt burn
- Add bbq sauce and water to a large bowl *whisk together. Once cauliflower is cooked toss in a big bowl with the sauce and serve. Top with fresh chopped cilantro and enjoy!