These baked cauliflower wings are gluten-free, full of flavor, easy to make and highly addicting. You can also cook them in an air fryer. You are going to love these BBQ cauliflower wings
WHY MAKE THIS RECIPE
Perfect for everyone: You will please your meat eaters and your vegetarian friends and family with this recipe! They are great for your keto or gluten-free family as well.
You can change the sauce up: You can make any "wing" style sauce for this recipe it's all delicious.
They are easy to make! Kids love making this recipe and it's an easy hands-on recipe.
These bites are crunchy on the outside, soft and delicious flavor.
They are healthier than traditional wings!
Cauliflower: Fresh chopped cauliflower. Bite sized pieces are best, but don't may them too small otherwise they won't hold up well.
Almond Flour: Any flour will work but almond flour makes them gluten free, keto friendly/low carb. I prefer this almond flour
Sauce: I use BBQ sauce in this recipe but you can use buffalo sauce, garlic sauce, teriyaki or any style "wing" sauce you prefer!
Eggs: This recipe calls for 2 eggs to get a nice crispy crust around the BBQ Cauliflower wings.
Seasoning: You will need onion salt and garlic powder to give your BBQ Cauliflower Wings extra flavor.
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Step 1: Get two separate shallow bowls. Mix the eggs in one bowl and the flour and spices in the next bowl. Set the oven to 400 degrees.
Step 2: Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Dunk the cauliflower "wings" into the egg wash, followed by the almond flour/spice mix. Be sure that the cauliflower is completely covered. Lay flat on the parchment paper. Once all of the cauliflower is coated well, place in the oven on 400 degrees and bake for 10 to 20 minutes (flip once and keep an eye on them. When they turn brown they are about done!)
Step 3:Once they have a brown tint to them and are soft enough to spear with a fork, pull them out of the oven. Keep the oven on!
Step 4: In a large bowl mix together BBQ Sauce, or any sauce of choice with a few tbsp of water (to think the sauce and spread it more), Toss baked cauliflower "wings in the sauce and get an even coat on them. Put back into oven for a few more minutes to crisp them up perfectly.
FAQs and EXPERT TIPS
Do I have to use BBQ Sauce? No, these wings are good with buffalo sauce, spicy mustard and teriyaki style as well!
Can I make these in the air fryer? Yes, I have instructions on my recipe card below for air fryers!
Can I make these without the eggs because I am vegan! Yes, but they will not be as crispy. Just skip the eggs and dunk them in a little almond milk then into the flour mix.
How do I pick a healthy BBQ Sauce? Most all BBQ sauces have a lot of sugar in them, check the labels and be sure you are enjoying a BBQ sauce that has good ingredients in it. I choose to water down the BBQ sauce a little before tossing the cauliflower "wings" in it so I don't need as much sauce. You can also find some keto brands that have no added sugars in them. Linked here.
You might like these other cauliflower recipes!
BBQ Cauliflower Wings
- 6 cups fresh cauliflower (or 1 medium head chopped)
- 1 cup brown rice or almond flour
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion salt
- ⅓ cup bbq sauce
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- If cooking in the oven, set it to 400 degrees line a pan with parchement paper. Chop cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- In a medium sized bowl add brown rice flour or almond flour, onion salt, garlic pwder and whisk together. In another medium sized bowl add the eggs. Whisk eggs together.
- Dip the cauliflower into the egg wash then into the flour mixture. Be sure to cover the florets all around. Place flat on parchement paper. If you are using an air fryer, place them directly in the air fryer.For Oven: Bake on 400 for 10 minutes gently turn them and cook for another 10 or until they are softened.For Air Fryer: cook on 350 for 15 minutes. Oven and fryer temps may vary please check on the cauliflower a few times to be sure it doesnt burn
- Add bbq sauce and water to a large bowl *whisk together. Once cauliflower is cooked toss in a big bowl with the sauce and place back into the oven for another 5-10 minutes to crisp up. Serve. Top with fresh chopped cilantro and enjoy!