These no bake granola bars require no baking so you can enjoy them during the hot summer days. They are delicious and sweetened with maple syrup. The whole family will love them.
Summer temps are starting to heat up our home so I am thinking up all the no bake treats to have on hand. This blog post is sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company and all opinions and recipes are my own.
Other oat inspired recipes:
These no bake granola bars use Quaker Original Instant Oatmeal, which adds fiber and texture to the bars. This is a great recipe to use up some of those instant oat packets you may have laying around in the pantry! Oats are a versatile ingredient; I add them into several of my recipes to add whole grains.
If you like salted maple flavor with the perfect “melt in your mouth” texture, you will love these granola bars. You can slice these anyway you’d like. I prefer to make little squares with mine; they are more fun to enjoy this way. You will need a food processor or blender for this recipe to mix everything up evenly and well. You will also need some parchment paper and an 8×8 or smaller dish to press the mix into. Be sure to press well and firm and form a rectangle before placing in the fridge (see the image below for example).
These granola bars are a great summer snack. They have simple ingredients and a delicious texture with the ground up almonds. You will want to add this to your weekly snack prep routine!
This recipe is very easy for any level of cooking expertise in the kitchen. You can also customize these no bake granola bars. This recipe is very forgiving; you can vary the amount of oats you use to customize the texture. If you use a little less than 2 cups of Quaker Original Instant Oatmeal you will have an excellent, rich granola bar. If you use the full 2 cups you will have a more crumbly style bar (both are fantastic!) You can also customize your mix ins. I chose to do chocolate chips, but dried fruit or other seeds would be a great add-in.
What you will need
No Bake Granola Bars
- 2 cups Quaker Original Instant Oatmeal (about 6 packs of instant) * use 1½ cups if you prefer a softer texture
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 cup almonds
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- Place all the ingredients except chocolate chips into a food processor or strong blender. Blend for a few minutes, you may need to open the lid and loosen with a spatula a few times. The mixture should be thick and crumbly but hold together when you squeeze it with your hand. Once mixture is well blended, add in chocolate chips and pulse together lightly to keep chips in original form.
- Line an 8×8 pan or bread load with parchment paper. Fill with mixer and press down on the mix firmly until it is formed into a square (see above photo for an example of how it should look).
- Refrigerate for an hour before cutting and enjoying. You can store in the fridge for up to a week for snacks.