This brie spaghetti is creamy, rich and a great way to elevate dinner. I like to say this is the more refined, adult mac & cheese. The brie cheese gives it melty goodness that pairs well with fruity red wine or crisp white wine.
Have you had brie before?
Brie is a soft cow's- milk cheese. It is one of the best known cheeses in France. It typically comes in a round wedge that has a thick edible rind on it. You can take the rind off, and we will take the top portion of the rind off for this recipe. However, the rind can be rated and in most cases when you bake brie, the rind holds it together. You can find out more about brie on the Cheeses Of Europe website. If you haven't yet downloaded the Cheeses of Europe App on your cellphone, I highly recommend it. The app is free and you can find information about:
- All cheeses in Europe
- What wine and beer to pair with the cheeses
- Descriptions and recipes for each cheese
- The proper pronunciation of the cheeses
- Rate each cheese with your personal rating so you can easily go back and find the cheeses you enjoyed
Have you had melted brie on pasta?
We are going to cut the top of the brie rind off and heat the oven to 350 degrees. You will need an oven safe skillet for this recipe like a cast iron skillet.
Add some veggies!
We are going to add some veggies to this brie with pasta to give it some texture and color. I chose to add sautéed mushrooms and onions. Sautéed broccoli would also be delicious with this recipe. You will add these at the very end so be sure to sauté them while the brie is baking in the oven on the skillet.
While the brie is cooking and veggies are sautéing, mix up the pasta dressing before we add it to the warm baked brie.
In a large bowl you will add olive oil, chopped parsley, salt and garlic. Whisk together well and once pasta is cooked you will add it to the oil mixture and mix well. Add the cooked pasta to the bowl and gently toss. I recommend tongs or 2 forks.
Once the brie is done baking (about 15 minutes) - You will know because it will be bubbling and slightly darker in color. Pull it out and place somewhere heat safe. Add the pasta directly to the skillet on top of the brie while it is still hot and bubbling. Gently fold the cheese to evenly coat everything.
Other recipes to try:
Brie With Pasta
- 3 cups cooked angel hair pasta (about 1 pound)
- ¼ cup chopped parsely
- 8 oz brie In a wheel shape for best results can be cut in half.
- 2.5 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz package of mushrooms (about 1.5 cups)
- ⅓ cup chopped yellow onion
- ⅛ tsp salt & pepper (or more to taste if desired)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic = 3 cloves
- Start cooking pasta according to package. Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the top of the brie rhind off with a pairing knife and discard. Place it in an non stick oven safe dish. I prefer a well seasoned cast iron skillet. Place in the oven and back for 15- 20 minutes or until it is bubbling and brown.
- While pasta is cooking, add olive oil, pasta, parsely, salt, pepper, garlic to a large bowl and whisk together.
- In a pan add ½ tbs of oil or butter and sautee mushrooms and onions until golden brown. Set aside. Add them to the pasta once the pasta is fully cooked.
- When pasta is fully cooked, toss in the olive oil mixture gently with mushrooms and onions.
- When brie is done, place pasta mushroom mix directly onto the melted cheese and carefully mix it evenly. Garnish with a bit more salt and parsely and serve!