Blueberry Lemon Waffles might be my favorite "pick-me-up" during the week. They are full of flavor, crispy, and light. The lemon zest really brings out the flavor and makes my breakfast or brunch go from ordinary to extraordinary.
This mix also makes pancakes!
Blueberry Lemon Waffles are always a fun way to change up breakfast flavors. Lemons are in season this time of year. Grab your waffle maker and let's make something fun for breakfast! I prefer this waffle maker if you are looking for a good one. If you want to make pancakes, simply follow the instructions but use a well oiled pan and about 1/4 cup size of batter for each pancake.
You will want these lemon blueberry waffles year round but they are so perfect for spring. Let me know if you try them and what you think of them!
Other Recipes To Try
Blueberry Lemon Waffles
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest + ½ tsp for garnish
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup almond Milk or dairy free alternative
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 cup blueberries + some for garnish
- Preheat the waffle iron and make sure you oil it before putting batter in it
- In a large bowl whisk together all the of above ingredients leaving some lemon zest and blueberries to the side for garnish
- Fill waffle maker with appropriate amount (careful not to overfill!) and good until waffle maker says it's finished (around 5 minutes). Top waffles with more zest and blueberries in addition to syrup.
To Make Pancakes
- In a large bowl whisk together all the of above ingredients leaving some lemon zest and blueberries to the side for garnish. You can add 2 - 4 tbsp of water to the batter if it's too thick. It should be similar to all other pancake batter texture.
- Heat a well oiled, non-stick pan to medium/high heat, I use olive oil or butter. Add about ¼ cup of the batter to the pan, try to let the pancake spread a little for easier even cook. you can also make the pancakes a little smaller for mini pancakes. Cook on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side. You will want to carefully flip when you see little bubbles start to form on the top of the pancake. Enjoy!
Q: I don't have a belgium waffle maker, will another waffle maker work? A: yes! You may have more than 3 waffles made if you are using a smaller square waffle maker
Q: Can I use frozen blueberries? A: Yes, frozen will work for this recipe
Q: I don't have a zester what else can I use A: I use a cheese grater - just be sure to use the end with the small holes