Mediterranean baked fish is easy, fresh, savory and all baked in one dish. White wine and fresh olives give it a unique and elevated flavor. You will love this healthy dinner.
Table of contents
Why Try This Easy Mediterranean Baked Fish
It's full of Mediterranean flavors, olives, and white wine. It's light, but packed with protein. This baked fish is all made in one dish. Served over rice it's a complete delicious meal. The marinated olives really elevate the meal, it takes about 30 minutes to whip up and seconds to devour.
Ingredients Needed To Make This Recipe
White fish. I used rock fish but cod, haddock or halibut will work wonderfully. Choose your favorite !
Olives. I used Kalamata (pitted) and pitted green olives. I chose to do marinated olive for more flavor. The green olives had pepperoncinis in the mix as well, but this recipe doesn't need that.
Olive Oil. High quality and neutral in flavor
White Wine. A cheap white wine like Chardonnay. Alcohol will burn off!
Tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes
Seasoning. Dried crushed oregano, salt, paprika.
Rice. Optional for serving
Fresh Cilantro. Optional for garnish
How To Make This Recipe
Step one. Set oven to 350º Place raw, thawed if frozen white fish into a baking dish. drizzle oil, wine and seasonings over it. Next, layer the onions, tomatoes and olives over the mix. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until fish is cooked all the way through and flaky. Serve over rice with wine sauce drizzled over.
Tips and FAQ's
You can use other fish for this recipe. Yes! Tilapia or salmon will work if you prefer and want an affordable option.
zoodles or roasted carrots would be wonderful with this dish.
Preferably day of would be best for this dish. It will keep for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
Yes, use any preferred olives. I like to use the marinated olives for extra flavor.
Other Seafood Recipes To Enjoy
Easy Mediterranean Baked Fish
- 1 lb white fish *see notes
- 1 cup mixed olives in marinade
- ¾ cup white wine chardonnay will work
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced onions
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed dried oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 cup cooked rice optional for serving
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro optional for garnish
- Set oven to 350º. Place raw, thawed if frozen white fish into a baking dish. drizzle oil, wine and seasonings over it. Next, layer the onions, tomatoes and olives over the mix. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until fish is cooked all the way through and flaky. Serve over rice with wine sauce drizzled over.