These Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings are zesty, tangy and unbelievably addicting. These wings will impress the whole family and they are ready quickly!
Why Make These Lemon Pepper Wings
They are full of lemon pepper, fresh lemon zest and juice in every bite. They are tangy, with a perfect crispy skin while still juicy on the inside. You can prepare them several ways but the air fryer is the best way to go.
Lemon. Fresh lemon. We need the zest and the Juice.
Lemon Pepper. I like to use one without salt added, so you can control the salt. Typically Mrs. Dash is best.
Seasoning. Salt, extra pepper, thyme.
Fresh Parsley. For garnish
How To Make Lemon Pepper Wings
Step One. Preheat air fryer to 400°F unless the air-fryer preheats on it's own. Toss wings with olive oil or avocado oil, lemon pepper, lemon zest, and garlic.
Step Two. Place wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook 10 minutes. Flip wings and cook an additional 10 minutes or until crispy. Combine the butter and lemon juice, toss with wings. Generously season with black pepper, salt to taste, thyme, fresh parsley and serve.
Tips & FAQ's
Yes, be sure to get salt free lemon pepper, and just omit the excess salt.
Yes, they won't be as crispy and oven temps/times will vary but ultimately use similar heat and time. Be sure the internal temperature of the wing is 165º.
They will keep up to 4 days in the refrigerator and 2 months in an airtight bag in the freezer.
Yes, we do that all the time. Change the cooking time to 7 minutes each side and always be sure to check the internal temperature before serving.
Other Recipes To Try
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
- 1½ lb chicken wings
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper salt free is best!
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp fresh or dried thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F unless the air-fryer preheats on it's own. Optional: cover the air-fryer basket with parchment paper to avoid sticking. Toss wings with olive oil or avocado oil, lemon pepper, lemon zest, and garlic.
- Place wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook 10 minutes.Flip wings and cook an additional 10 minutes or until crispy. Combine the butter and lemon juice, toss with wings. Generously season with extra pepper, salt to taste, thyme, fresh parsley and serve.