These layered blondie bars are a summer favorite. No baking required, minimal ingredients and freaking delicious! They are vegan and gluten free... by accident. The family will never know your little secret. These blondies remind me of a candy bar in some sweet and salty way. The texture is soft and chewy. The dates give it such a balanced sweetness similar to a caramel flavor (do I have your attention yet?) There are walnuts in these no bake blondie bars so they have a nice nutty flavor and texture. Matt and I have eaten 3 batches since I first whipped them up. I am already planning on making another batch shortly.Jump to Recipe
I was originally going to add some sort of chocolate to these bars and decided they didn't need it at all. The flavor and texture was perfect just the way the were.
Other no bake recipes:
- NO BAKE GRANOLA BARS
- VEGAN COCONUT BARS (NO BAKE NECESSARY)
- HEALTHIER VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH BITES (GLUTEN FREE)
These blondie bars only take about 10 minutes to whip up. I prefer them in the refrigerator but they do great in the freezer as well. If you refrigerate they will last about a week. If you freeze them they will last much longer. Just keep them in an airtight containter. The maple syrup offers such a great sweetness with the walnuts.
Tips For This Recipe
I always recommend clipping parchment paper to the sides of a bread loaf tin when you are baking bread or using any batter at all. The payment paper keeps this in once piece, its easier for clean up and the clips hole the paper up while you press or pour any batter in!
You will be freezing this recipe in two parts, so make sure you give yourself a little time to get the first layer set. I also always recommend finding a flat spot in the freezer to set the bread loaf tin. Its never fun opening the freezer and realizing you have no where to put the dish!
If you make these, be sure to post about it and tag me on Instagram @sailor_bailey and use #SailorBailey so I can see your creations!
No Bake Blondie Bars
- ½ cup Almond Butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (yes both this and the ¼ cup for extra sweetness)
- ¾ cup raw walnuts
- 10 pitted dates
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- In a large bowl mix gthe first layer of ingredients all together (almond butter, oil, maple syrup, vanilla, almond flour). It should have a thick consistancy. Line bread loaf with parchment paper and press the first layer into the bottom of it. It should be as thick as the photos on the first layer. Place into the freezer for 10 minutes while you prepare the second layer in a food processor.
- In a food processor, add all of the above ingredients (walnuts, dates, salt). You may need to re-adjust the mixture a bit with a spatula to ensure it blends together okay. Mixture will be thick and slightly sticky. Once the base layer has hardened a bit, pull it out and gently press the top layer ontop of the base layer. This layer will be much thinner, you will need to work it a bit to get it evenly covered. Place back in the freezer for a few minutes. Pull it out, cut and enjoy.