These healthy turkey meatballs are loaded with veggies and everything delicious making them a great protein option for lunch or dinner. They are dairy free and pair perfectly with red sauce. Make extra and keep them in the freezer for quick meals during the week.
We through these crazy cravings for meatballs. Not sure why but they just scream comfort food for me. I grew up with my dad and mom both making homemade Italian meatballs that were full of bread crumbs, pork, beef and lots of parmesan cheese. They were delicious but there wasn't enough nutrition in them to eat them as often as I would like.
Other recipes to try:
Use any veggies you prefer!
Use up any leftover veggies in your fridge like broccoli, zucchini, spinach, mushrooms, squash, carrots you name it! For this recipe I call for spinach, mushrooms and zucchini. This fool proof recipe can be loaded with veggies and your family won't notice the difference.
You can freeze these meatballs!
These meatballs are a great thing to make in bulk. Pop them in a ziplock and keep them in the freezer for when you need a quick dinner. Just pull them out and let them sit a little bit on the counter to defrost. They can be reheated in sauce on the stovetop, air fryer or microwave.
Healthy Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- ½ cup finely chopped white onions
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach (fresh)
- ½ cup finely chopped zuchinni
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tbsp oregano
- ½ tsp chopped basil
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oats
- 1 tsp worchestershire sauce
- Set oven to 350. Get ready to get your hands dirty!
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl. mix with hands well. Place parchment paper on a cooking sheet and make 1 inch balls (you can go a little bigger if you'd like, I prefer mine small) with the meat of equal sizes. Place them evenly spaced on the sheet.
- Cook meatballs for about 20 - 25 minutes or until liquid around the meatballs is clear. Serve over pasta sauce with spaghetti noodles or make sandwhiches with them.
- For bulk recipies please read the freezing instructions above in the blog post!