This flavorful Ground Chicken Soup is a cozy, healthy, delight for the week. It will warm you right up from the inside out. Ready in 30 minutes!
Why Make This Ground Chicken Soup
When it comes to comfort food, few dishes can rival the warmth and nourishment of a hearty bowl of chicken soup. While the classic chicken noodle soup is a beloved favorite, there's a lesser-known variation that deserves a moment in the spotlight: ground chicken soup.
delicious and nutritious twist on the classic is not only easy to make but also offers a unique texture and flavor profile that will have you coming back for more. Also try my Tuscan White Bean Soup for another top notch soup!
This soup is customizable and ready in 30 minutes! You can easily make it your way if there are a few ingredients you'd like to switch out. Enjoy!
Ingredients Needed To Make This Recipe
Ground Chicken. The main protein in this soup is ground chicken. Use your favorite brand.
Chicken Broth. Use a high quality, low sodium broth.
Frozen Veggies. Because this soup is a quick and easy one, I opt to use some fresh frozen veggies. You can certainly use fresh and chop it all up yourself if you'd like!
Seasoning. Salt, pepper, thyme, oregano is needed for this recipe.
Worcestershire Sauce. This offerer a unique level of flavor from fermented liquid. You can find it in most all grocery stores.
Pasta. I use bow tie pasta in this dish to make it more filling and hearty.
All other ingredients and measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
Ground Chicken. You can use any ground meat with this recipe, turkey, beef or venison all tastes great with this dish.
Frozen Veggies. Use any frozen veggie blend of choice. I use the peans/carrots/green bean/corn blend for optimal veggies and color. You may also use fresh veggies as well (fresh corn/carrots/green beans) if that suits you.
Worcestershire Sauce. Soy sauce would be an equivalent replacement if needed.
Pasta. Any pasta shape will work. Penne, rigatoni, fussili and so on. You can also omit the pasta, but omit 2 cups of broth and add as you go since the pasta absorbs the broth and liquid while cooking.
Chicken Broth. You may use any broth of choice; beef, vegetable or chicken will work.
Steps To Make This Recipe
Step One. In a large soup pot or dutch oven, heat the olive oil up on medium/high heat. add the ground chicken in and start to crumble to meat with a wooden spatula.
Step Two. While the meat is starting to brown, add the onion, Worcestershire Sauce, seasoning tomato paste. Next add in the frozen veggies, pasta and broth (photo 2). Bring to a simmer, cover the soup and let it simmer on medium/low for about 10-15 minutes or until the noodles are al dente (photo 3).
Step Three. If the noodles absorbed too much liquid, add an extra cup of broth or water will also work. Bring it to heat. Add one more cup more as needed until desired consistency. Please note, you may need a pinch more salt for the soup flavor if you use water.
Step Four. When you are ready to serve the soup, add the parmesan in, stir well and serve hot in soup bowls.
Step Five. Garnish creatively! Add extra parmesan, cracked black pepper and chopped cilantro or parsley to the top.
Yes, ground chicken soup can be made ahead of time. In fact, soups often taste even better after they've had time to sit and allow the flavors to meld. Just be sure to store it properly in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or in the freezer for longer-term storage.
Choose Lean Ground Chicken. Opt for lean ground chicken to keep your soup lower in fat. This will also prevent the soup from becoming too greasy.
Simmer Slowly. Allow the soup to simmer gently over low to medium heat. Slow cooking helps meld the flavors and creates a richer broth. Avoid boiling, as it can make the chicken tough.
Other Soups To Try
Ground Chicken Soup
- large deep soup pot or dutch oven
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ¼ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt *more to taste
- ½ ttsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 4-5 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 1¾ cup frozen peas, carrots, green beans *see notes
- 8 oz bow tie pasta/farfalle, uncooked *about one cup
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce *see notes
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped for garnish
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven, heat the olive oil up on medium/high heat. Add the ground chicken in and start to crumble to meat with a wooden spatula.
- While the meat is starting to brown, add the onion, seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste. Next add in the frozen veggies, pasta and broth. Bring to a simmer, cover the soup and let it simmer on medium/low for about 10-15 minutes or until the noodles are al dente.
- If the noodles absorbed too much liquid, add an extra cup of broth or water will also work. Bring it to heat. Add one more cup more as needed until desired consistency. Please note, you may need a pinch more salt for the soup flavor if you use water.
- When you are ready to serve the soup, add the parmesan in, stir well and serve hot in soup bowls.
- Garnish creatively! Add extra parmesan, cracked black pepper and chopped cilantro or parsley to the top.