With Crock Pot Instructions
Three bean chili with veggies and can easily be made vegan. It is healthy, tasty and very filling. Perfect for meal prep.
Why Make This Recipe.
Perfect for meal prep. This recipe makes a lot of chili. You can use it for meal prep, freeze the leftovers or feed a few people at a dinner party. I make this recipe when entertaining for an easy comforting meal.
Healthy! This chili is full of fiber and has less fat than most. It is full of fresh veggies so you can be sure you are getting a good dose of plants.
Customizable. This recipe is so easy to make vegan and will taste just as great without the meat. If you are on a vegan diet, defiantly give this meal a try.
Ingredients For This Recipe.
Crushed tomatoes in a can. You can also use whole tomatoes or petite diced tomatoes, this is a texture preference to make your choice!
Chili Powder. You will need quite a bit of this seasoning. I suggest you buy it in bulk and make sure it's fresh for optimal flavor.
Beans. I call for 3 types, however if you are partial to a particular bean you can use any you prefer! Please drain and rinse the canned beans!
Zucchini. This is the perfect texture for the chili. You will love the veggie in each bite.
How To Make This Chili.
Step 1. Decide if you want to use a crockpot or dutch oven n the stovetop. This chili is so easy to make. If you have a crockpot you simply later the ingredients in.
Step2. Place the ground turkey on the bottom of the dutch oven or crockpot. Be sure to break into pieces with a wooden spatula. Top the dutch oven or crockpot with all the ingredients and seasoning.
FAQs And Expert Tips.
Yes, you can use ground beef or skip the meat all together and make it vegan. It is still delicious.
Butternut squash, sweet potato, broccoli, chopped kale all make great alternatives.
Chili topping ideas:
- chopped jalapeño
- sour cream
- cheese (I like manchego)
- tortilla chips
- chopped tomatoes
- nutritional yeast
Other Recipes To Try.
3 Bean Turkey Chili Loaded With Veggies
- Dutch oven/ Large pot
- Crock Pot
- 1 lb ground turkey Optional
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 15.5 oz cans of red kidney beans
- 2 15.5oz cans of dark red kidney beans
- 1 15.5oz can of black beans
- 1 28 oz can of peeled Italian- style tomatoes cut up
- 1 14.5 oz can of stewed tomatoes
- 2 4 oz cans of diced green chilis
- 1 chopped jalapeño Optional
- 2 cup chopped zucchini (about 3)
- 1 8oz package of sliced mushrooms
- ⅓ cup chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic *
- 1 tsp dried oregano *
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- drain and rinse all the cans of beans in a colander.
- *If using a stovetop method: heat dutch oven/pot with olive oil. Add onions and garlic cloves saute lightly. Crock pot instructions below
- add ground turkey meat and lightly brown
- add all ingredients in order from above
- *If cooking in a crockpot, layer raw meat on the bottom (crumble first with a wooden spatula) and add all of the ingredients to the top. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours stir well in-between.
- simmer on low for at least 30 minutes to an 1 hour or high setting on crockpot for 4-6 hours.
- Serve and enjoy with fresh cilantro, crushed tortilla chips or cheese.