BBQ boneless wings kids and husband approved. Made with a light gluten free breading and much healthier than your average deep fried recipes. These are baked or air-fried for maximum crunch without the extra calories.
Why You Need To Try These Boneless Wings.
They are way less messy than the typical fried wings. They are also quite a bit healthier!
These boneless wings are kid and husband approved (AKA they are delicious)
They are gluten-free, and paleo if you use a paleo bbq sauce. You can ALSO skip the sauce entirely and have them with the breading. I promise you they are just as delicious without the saucy bbq layer.
They are easy as can be. You can't mess them up as long as you don't under or overcook the chicken 😉
Ingredients For Boneless Wings.
Almond Flour. This is the breading for these wings. It is dairy and gluten free unlike bread crumbs and pinko which both contain dairy. I prefer almond flour because it had protein in it and it keeps moisture in the chicken.
Chicken Breast. You will want a boneless and skinless breast. Thawed rinsed and dried.
Eggs. To make the crispy batter for these boneless wings.
Seasoning. These wings hold most of their flavor in the batter! The seasoning that goes into the batter gives them a unique and powerful flavor. You can skip the bbq sauce if you want on these because they are flavorful without.
BBQ SAUCE. Optional! They are so tasty without it with the breading but you get to decide!
How To Make These Boneless Wings.
Step 1. Clean chicken and pat dry it. Slice into even, bite sized pieces. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk.
Step 2. Mix eggs together in a separate large bowl. Add 2 tbsp of water to the mixture.
Step 3. Dunk chicken pieces into egg wash, then into dry flour mixture. Lay battered pieces on a clean piece of parchment paper. If cooking in the oven: bake at 375 for 14 minutes. If cooking in the air fryer: cook at 390 for 11 minutes. Be sure to check the chicken before eating, temps may vary a bit
FAQs & Expert Tips.
No, you will need to used thawed chicken.
Yes, I have air fryer and oven instructions.
You will want to use a paleo approved bbq sauce, or skip the bbq sauce and just have them with the batter
You probably won't have leftovers because they are so good - but they will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If you make these, be sure to post about it and tag me on Instagram @sailor_bailey and use #SailorBailey so I can see your creations! I always appreciate your feedback. You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram. Sign up for my eMail list, too!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast Thawed
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp steak seasoning *
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- ½ tbsp paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce * optional
- Step 1. Clean chicken and pat dry it. Slice into even, bite sized pieces. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk.
- Step 2. Mix eggs together in a separate large bowl. Add 2 tbsp of water to the mixture.
- Step 3. Dunk chicken pieces into egg wash, then into dry flour mixture. Lay battered pieces on a clean piece of parchment paper. If cooking in the oven: bake at 375 for 14 minutes on parchemnt paper lined cookie sheet. If cooking in the air fryer: cook at 390 for 11 minutes, lay flat onto airfryer. Be sure to check the chicken before eating, temps may vary a bit.
- Use your favorite bbq sauce and mix 3 tbsp water into it to thin it out. Warm in a sauce pan or microwave for a few seconds to take the chill out and toss wings in it. You can also put them back in the oven to warm up for a few minutes as well, but don't overcook your chicken!