These 15 minute bagel nests are the perfect brunch item. They can be customizable with toppings and they cook up perfectly in no time.
Other easy breakfasts to try:
You can use any bagel flavor you prefer
This recipe uses everything bagels, however if you prefer asiago cheese or sun-dried tomato bagels, you can certainly use them in place. You can also customize your toppings. If you aren't a big fan of feta, use cheddar or goat cheese! If you don't like tomatoes, I suggest artichokes. This recipe is food-proof and you can't go wrong.
Use a sharp serrated knife to evenly cut your bagels. You will want them to cook up evenly so it's important to make sure they are cut in half perfectly.
This recipe calls for fresh herbs. I used cilantro on mine but I will recommend parsley, basil, or any fresh herb you like. It gives the bagels a nice color balance.
15 Minute Bagel Nests
- 3 everything bagels sliced any bagel will work
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta or preferred cheese
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup mushrooms optional
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh herbs (i used cilantro) parsely, rosemary, basil will work as well
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º. Spray a baking sheet with oil or lay parchment paper down. Line bagels on pan evenly : inside face down.
- Carefully break egg open and gently place in the center of the bagel. You may seperate the yolk and discard the white if they aren't fitting properly. It will work either way. Top the bagels with the mushrooms, feta, slices tomatoes. Bake for 10 minutes for a runny egg/12 minutes for a jammy egg.
- sprinkle fresh herbs over the bagels and enjoy!