These Lemon Caper Sautéed Brussels are better than restaurant style fried brussels. They are tangy elevated and only take 20 minutes.
Why Make This Recipe.
This recipe is EASY! It is the perfect way to do brussels sprouts if you like them similar to fried.
This recipe is perfect for a side dish. Lemon Caper Sautéed Brussels Sprouts add a nice fresh tangy flavor to any meal.
This recipe is filling. It is a nice texture-full recipe that add complex flavor so you will feel full from the croutons and veggie mix.
What You Need For This Recipe.
Fresh Brussels Sprouts. Fresh is going to crisp up more and offer a nice crunch. You can use frozen but they won't come out as crispy.
Olive oil or butter. You will need 1/3 cup to sauté the Lemon Caper Sautéed Brussels Sprouts up in and give them a nice crisp similar to fried.
Capers. They add a nice salty flavor and texture to this recipe.
How To Make This Recipe.
Step one. Wash and slice brussels into halves (length wise!) This will help them cook up quicker. Heat up the oil or butter in the pan.
Step two. Sautéed the brussels sprouts for about 20 minutes, use a wooden spatula to turn them often and get browning evenly through out the sprouts. sprinkle salt and pepper over them when they are getting close to finished.
Step three. In a small bowl whisk together "dressing" for the brussels sprouts and pour over. Remove from heat immediately.
Step 4. Sprinkle with shredded Romano and add in croutons to soak up the oil and dressing a bit.
FAQs And Expert Tips.
You can! However they won't crisp up quite the same.
I would add some extra salt or you can add chopped green olives in place of the capers.
Yes, but it won't be as good as fresh lemon in this instance!
Pair this side dish with oven baked chicken or a grilled steak. It brings dinner to life and will impress your family and friends.
Related Recipes To Try.
Lemon Caper Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb brussels sprouts about 4 cups
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil *
- 1 cup croutons
- 4 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon
- 3 tbsp capers
- ¼ cup pecorino romano
- Clean and slice brussels sprouts in halves, length wise). In a large sauce pan or dutch oven, heat up oil and add brussels in.
- Stir them oven and keep on medium to high heat. They will sautee for about 20 minutes. You want them to be a dark crispy brown around. Some green is okay. Check them with a fork and when they are tender, they are finsihed. Season with the salt and pepper.
- While they are cooking, in a small bowl add lemon and caper mix with 1 tsp of olive oil. When brussels are finished cooking turn off the heat and add in the caper lemon mix. Stir quickly. Add in croutons and cheese and serve!