This strawberry cobbler is light and crispy. It has a unique texture and it pairs perfectly with some ice cream. This is the perfect way to take advantage of strawberry season.Jump to Recipe
This blog post is sponsored by So Delicious® dairy free desserts. You can find all of their products at Sprouts Farmers Market.
Other Strawberry desserts I love
This strawberry cobbler is dairy free and believe it or not I enjoy it best the gluten free way. I have included both gluten-free instructions and regular so you can make this recipe with whatever you have on hand.
Strawberries are my favorite lately. They have been reasonably priced and tasting delicious. I typically do all my baking with blueberries but I have since swapped that out for strawberries. You will want to use fresh strawberries for this recipe. Frozen will get things a little too runny in the center of this cobbler. Since we will be baking with almond flour, it isn’t as dense and absorbent as regular flour.
This gluten free cobbler has a nice crispy crust intertwined with a sweet gooey strawberry center. It’s not your average cobbler since it is gluten free. The coconut oil give it a nice fluffy crispy crust with the almond flour. I find this dessert to be on the healthier side, so you don’t need to feel any guilt indulging.
If you opt for the regular gluten cobbler, it’s a bit more dense and has a nice muffin like crust with a gooey inside. I prefer the gluten free option but you can use whatever flour you have on hand.
What you will need for this recipe
- Fresh strawberries, about 2 cups chopped into quarters.
- Medium sized skillet 10″. Or a 9×9 baking dish
- Almond flour or all purpose flour. Only 1 cup
- Coconut oil. Butter will work but if going dairy free you need coconut oil
- Baking powder
- Sugar. coconut sugar or regular white sugar.
- 1 egg
- Almond milk (for the all-purpose flour version only)
- So Delicious® cashew milk ice cream for topping. I used the Salted Caramel Cluster
Gluten Free Strawberry Cobbler
- 10' skillet Or 9×9 baking dish
For the gluten free cobbler
- 2 cups strawberries cut into fourths
- 2 tbs coconut sugar or regular (for strawberries)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or regular sugar
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 scoops So Delicious Salted Caramel Cluster Ice Cream
For the regular cobbler * see notes
- 3 cups strawberries cut into fourths
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbs baking powder
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- Quarter strawberries. Mix in 2 tbs of sugar with strawberries in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375. In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients mix with a whisk. Pour melted coconut oil into dry mix and mix well (add almond milk if you are doing the regular version). Add egg and lightly fold together pour mixture into skillet or baking dish – it should evenly cover the bottom. Pour sugared strawberries over the mixture on the top. Pop in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. or until the top is golden and crusty.
- Top with ice cream and enjoy!