Jan 04, 2020, Updated Feb 17, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links.
Pizza toast is the perfect way to get those pizza cravings in check. It’s simple to make and only takes about 15 minutes.
Why Make This Pizza Toast
Well, for starters it is EASY! And a healthy twist on pizza when you are craving it first thing in the morning.
This recipe is allergy friendly. You can make it with any bread, any cheese and with any toppings you prefer. Easily make it vegan or gluten free.
If you love Caprese salad or pizza then you will love this twist with it on toast. I find it to be a little more filling and who doesn’t love a crispy piece of toast full of flavor.
Ingredients For This Pizza Toast.
Any bread will do. I typically use a sandwich bread with whole grains.
Cheese. I prefer mozzarella or burrata but any cheese is great. Goat cheese, vegan cheese it is all good.
Seasoning. To give it some extra flavor!
Tomatoes. Any tomatoes will work.
Greens. Spinach or basil will work beautifully.
How To Make This Recipe
Just pile on the ingredients onto the bread (option to spray with olive oil first) place greens on the bottom, cheese on top and then tomatoes.
Place in oven on broil ~ low for about 5 to 8 minutes.
Or place in air fryer on 350 for about 8 minutes or until the cheese bubbles.
Sprinkle with seasoning.
FAQs & Expert Tips.
yes, you can broil it in the oven. Read the instructions for that.
Yes, I prefer it this way! It really gives it a nice crunch.
Absolutely, you can use any vegan cheese you prefer.
- ⅓ cup burrata or mozzarella , *
- 2 slices of sandwich bread, *
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves, *
- 3 tbsp grape tomatoes sliced
- salt, pepper, oregano for garnish
- Pat Burrata or Mozzarella dry with a paper towel if it came in liquid. Slice into small pieces. Otherwise use the pre shredded.
- Add spinach or basil on the bottom. Add cheese onto toast in even amounts, followed by the tomatoes.
- Place in the air fryer on 350 for about 5-8 minutes or set oven to low broil and place on tin foil on middle rack and broil for about 7 -10 minutes * keep a close eye on it! Sprinkle seasoning on it once cheese is bubbling and finsihed.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.