These chocolate banana muffins are the perfect treat for breakfast or dessert. They are full of flavor and gooey chocolate, something the whole family will love.Jump to Recipe
Get ready to be addicted to these fluffy muffins. They have lots of great flavor and texture, especially when you add some walnuts into the dough. I always have several spotty bananas lying around so I tend to add them into my recipes quite a bit. These muffins call for three spotty bananas so they hold a strong banana flavor that pairs perfectly with melty chocolate chips.
Other recipes to try:
- Strawberry Yogurt Muffins
- Carrot Cake Muffins With Vanilla Cashew Frosting
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bars
You can easily skip the chocolate chips or add in white chocolate if you'd prefer, I made a half and half batch of chocolate chips and white chocolate because Matt loves white chocolate. These muffins were a family favorite and you can easily make them gluten-free if you'd like.
As you already know, I like to keep things simple! If I can make these fool proof muffins - YOU CAN TOO! So put on your baking hat and lets get started.
If you make these, be sure to post about it and tag me on Instagram @sailor_bailey and use #SailorBailey so I can see your creations!
Chocolate Banana Muffins
- MIxing Bowls
- Muffin Tin
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 3 over ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 2 eggs room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips optional
- ½ cup walnuts optional
- Set oven to 350
- Mix all the dry ingredients into medium bowl whisk together and get clumps out. Mash the banana with a fork and mix all wet ingredients together in a large separate bowl. Pour into dry ingredients, add chocoalte chips and walnuts. Mix together well.
- Add muffin cups to the muffin tin. If you do not have any than spray the muffin tin or rub coconut oil on the cups to prevent sticking. Spoon in muffin mix, fill the muffin cups halfway to 3/4 full. Baked for 20 - 25 minutes ** check with a toothpick to be sure it comes out clean before pulling out of the oven - oven temps will vary
So how would you categorize the banana..do you mix it with the dry or wet ingredients? And do you mash it up first? Thank you in advance!
Great question! I added that little detail into the instructions. You will want to mash the banana with a fork and add it to the wet ingredients. I hope you enjoy these muffins.