These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bars are perfect for breakfast or a healthy dessert alternative. They are full of banana and chocolate, a perfect match. They are ready in 30 minutes.
Why Make This Recipe.
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bars are perfect for using up spotty bananas! I don't know about you, but we always have a few lying around at the end of the week.
These bars are similar in texture to banana bread, soft and fluffy. However rather than slices, it's bars with a crispier topping. I want to compare it to brownies. It's a hybrid of banana bread and brownies!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bars are a bit healthy enough to have a bar or two for breakfast.
They only takes a few ingredients to whip up.
Allergy and diet friendly. These bars are dairy free.
What You Will Need For This Recipe.
Spotty bananas. You will need 1 cup. Which is about 3 bananas, since they vary in size, you may end up with a little more or a little less. Try to get as close to 1 cup as you can for the best texture. Bananas bring moisture to the mix so too much or too little can mess up this recipe.
Coconut oil is what we will be using for the fat added to this recipe. You can opt to use butter, however coconut oil will keep this recipe dairy free. You will want to melt your coconut oil a bit so it mixes in well.
Peanut Butter. I added some chunky peanut butter to this recipe for extra flavor and texture.
Milk. I used unsweetened almond milk. You can use any milk you prefer. Note that if you opt for coconut milk, you will have a slight coconut taste to the bars.
One egg. So the bars stick together and rise a little.
How To Make This Recipe.
Step 1. Mash the bananas in a medium bowl and add in the liquid ingredients. Whisk lightly together. In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients. Whisk it together.
Step 2. Slowly add the dry mix to the wet mix and then add in chocolate chips.
FAQs And Expert Tips.
Yes, I suggest cashew butter, almond or sunflower butter for the best results.
Yes, but let the banana thaw out first in a bowl. Discard any leftover liquid in the bowl before mashing and adding the banana.
Yes, these are dairy free!
Related Recipes To Try.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bars
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana 2- 3 bananas
- 3 tbs Melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup sugar *
- 1 egg *
- 2 tbs plant based milk
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter *
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash up ripe bananas with a fork in small bowl. Make sure you measure them out to be sure you have 1 cup exactly for this recipe. Mix in the oil, sugar, egg, milk, vanilla and peanunt butter with a whisk, whisk gently.
- In another bowl mix all dry ingredients together with a clean whisk. Slowly add all the wet ingredients to dry ingredients using a spatuala or wooden spoon. Do not over mix! Fold in the choclate chips and nuts if you choose to use nuts.
- Add mixture to a gresed 8x8 pan. Bake for about 16 - 20 minutes. Check with a toothpick before pulling out. Let it cool before cutting and serving. Cut into 9 or 12 squares.