This warm burrata pasta is full of fresh ingredients and can be whipped up in a minutes. Perfect for entertaining or having for a vegetarian meal during the week. Elevate your dinner or sides with this recipe.
Burrata is taking over my instagram feed lately. I love it so much and it melts like a champ with pasta, pizza, toast and anything you can imagine.
Other pasta recipes to try:
Where to buy burrata
I am often asked where I find burrata. It will be in the specialty cheese department at your local grocery store. You can also find it at Italian specialty stores. I always grab a container of it from Trader Joes as well.
This pasta isn't any ordinary pasta. It has simple, fresh ingredients it and you can whip it up as fast as the pasta takes to cook. If you are entertaining or looking for a great vegetarian dish, this is it. Your family will never know it was easy to whip up.
A few ingredients you will need for this pasta salad
Feel free to use your favorite pasta shape. I love penne and typically always have a few boxes sitting in my pantry for summer pasta salads so I recommend penne or rigatoni but of course pasta comes in many shapes and sizes.
Whats the difference between mozzarella and burrata
Burrata is very similar to mozzarella with the texture however it is filled with a creamy ricotta like filling that makes these cheese balls extra creamy and flavorful. If you only have access to mozzarella then it will work just fine as a substitute in this recipe. It is also a few less calories.
Warm Burrata Pasta
- 2½ cups cooked penne pasta
- ¼ tsp salt (more to taste if you'd like!)
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1½ cup chopped roma tomatoes about 2 -3
- ¼ cup pasta water Use the water from the pasta you cooked.
- 3 tbs chopped fresh basil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup burrata cut into pieces (about one ball of burrata)
- 4 tbsp parmesan optional for garnish
- Cook pasta until finsihed. Grab ¼ cup of pasta water before straining the pasta. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients together (tomatoes, herbs, olive oil, pasta water, garlic, parmesan, spinach) but leave the burratta/ mozzarella to the side. Once pasta is fully mixed together well, add chunks of burrata to the pasta and lightly mix it in while the pasta is still warm. Top with more salt, pepper, parmesan and basil if needed for extra flavor.