This appetizer side is by far a family favorite. It is creamy, with bold flavors and works fantastic on veggies as well as salads.Jump to Recipe
The cauliflower in this recipe has bold flavors that are similar to taco seasoning. They complement the Avocado Cilantro Sauce beautifully. You can easily eat it all in one sitting, but I suggest sharing as a side or appetizer with your family.
Some other cauliflower recipes I love:
- Roasted Cauliflower Tacos With Smokey Garlic Sauce
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad With Vegan Ranch Dressing
- 20 Minute Cauliflower Curry With Sweet Potato
Have you ever used fresh avocado in a dressing?
Using fresh avocado blended into a dressing gives it a creamy consistency that elevates a dressings. I like to leave my avocado slightly chunky in the dressing so that I get more avocado flavor with each bite but if you’d like it smooth, be sure to mix more.
What you will need for this recipe
- Taco seasonings. I used paprika, cumin, garlic, chili powder and salt for seasoning the cauliflower.
- Cauliflower. I used one head of cauliflower, chopped into florets or bite sized pieces.
- Olive oil. Olive oil is a base to this yummy dressing.
- Apple cider vinegar. This is an important ingredient to this recipe, it brings a nice sweetness to the dressing.
- Minced garlic.
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh Avocado
Tips for the best roasted cauliflower
With this recipe you will be roasting your cauliflower. I suggest you put all the pieces in a big bowl and cover with the seasoning and drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over it. Toss the cauliflower well so it is evenly covered and then roast it. This will ensure you have the most delicious base for this dressing.
I like to set my oven to 400 degrees WITH the roasting pan I will be using in the oven getting hot while the oven comes up to temp. I then pour my seasoned and oiled cauliflower onto the pan while it’s hot and place it back in the oven. This browns the cauliflower a bit more and quicker.
Roasted Cauliflower With Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- cookie sheet
- Parchement Paper
For the cauliflower
- 1 medium sized head of cauliflower chopped into florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
Cilantro Avocado Dressing
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp honey
- ½ avocado use the other half for garnish
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
For the Cauliflower
- Heat pan in oven to 400 degrees (a hot pan will cook the cauliflower quicker and give it more char)Toss cauliflower in a large bowl with olive oil and all other seasonings (cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder) salt to taste. Pour onto hot pan and cook for 30 minutes until cauliflower is softened.
Cilantro Avocado Dressing
- Mix all ingredients with a whisk in a medium bowl. Option to smash and whisk avocado in for a chunkier dressing or blend in a food processor for a smooth creamy dressing
- assemble salad and add toppings!