This blog post is sponsored by Splendid Spoon. All opinions are my own.
There is a plethora of meal delivery services out there, it’s so hard to choose the right one for yourself. I tried a plant based meal delivery, Splendid Spoon for a few weeks and found it convenient and delicious to add into my weekly diet of eats. It cut my cooking time down by a few hours for the entire week and left me feeling full and nourished.
Why You Need To Try Splendid Spoon.
Splendid Spoon focuses on Ready-to-eat, plant-based smoothies, soups, grain bowls (my personal favorite) and noodles. I will preface that I am not fully plant-based however, I am consistently trying to eat as many plants throughout the week. I like to call myself Plant Forward. Plants take the front seat for majority of my meals; however, I do still incorporate some meat/eggs/dairy occasionally.
How To Enjoy Splendid Spoon Meal Delivery.
First off, let’s talk about the wellness shots and smoothies from Splendid Spoon. There are a variety of delicious, fresh combinations offered. Chocolate Cherry and Dragon Fruit were a few favorites. They also have wellness shots; detox was a sure favorite for both my husband and I.
I am not one to feel satiated by a smoothie in the morning, so I paired my smoothies in a few ways.
- A breakfast bowl. I heated up a grain bowl from splendid spoon and enjoyed it over greens with a soft scramble, a delicious green smoothie, some goat cheese crumbles and avocado. It was so filling and kept me feeling full until lunch.
- The smoothies are great for snacks between meals. The smoothies have nourishing, clean ingredients and the chocolate cherry is also a great after dinner treat if you have a sweet tooth.
- I also paired the smoothies with some peanut butter toast. This is a totally plant-based option, and it’s filling!
- Do try the Coffee Frappe smoothie. Talk about a fun way to switch up your morning or afternoon coffee craving. It has maca in it which is great for immunity.
Next are the Splendid Spoon Soups. These soups are great! They are lower in sodium so you can add your own salt if needed, and they freeze well. I paired a lot of great meals with these soups,
They are hearty, clean ingredients and they can easily feed two if you pair it with some other items.
Ways to pair Splendid Spoon Soups:
Grilled cheese or paninis. I used vegan cheese with my grilled cheese above and it was delicious dipped in the minestrone.
- Fresh Salads. Soups with salad are a fall/winter go-to for me. I enjoyed all the soups but in particular the cauliflower Tikka, minestrone and cumin sweet potato.
All the Splendid Spoon Soups are flavored with unique combinations and high-quality ingredients you wouldn’t normally find in a store or other meal delivery service. For example: Pumpkin Pear Bisque, Chickpea Harissa Tahini, or Ikarian Stew(black-eyed peas & dill). Both full of flavor and nourishing ingredients.
My favorite item from Splendid Spoon, the grain bowls. I am a huge sucker for grain bowls. They are hard to find with meal delivery services and they are the best item to “jazz up” and incorporate to your meal planning. This is where majority of my time was saved. I didn’t have to roast veggies and boil grains. It was all done for me, seasoned well and these are great to freeze and use later on if needed.
Ways to incorporate Splendid Spoons grain bowls:
- Top your greens with them! So good to mix into a salad. It adds a lot more filling ingredients so you can be satisfied by your meal and feel good about it.
- Eat them right from the container. These grain bowls can be heated up and enjoyed just as they are. My favorites are the Kimchi fried quinoa grain bowl, roasted cauliflower bowl with za’atar spiced chickpeas and lemon tahini, I mean really?! This flavor combination is a foodie’s dream. There are so many wonderful different combinations, I wish I could try them all but everyone I did have was delish.
- Use the grain bowls in tacos. Yes, tacos! You can heat up the grain bowls in minutes and stuff tortillas or lettuce cups with it. You don’t need “meat” for a good taco. You just need some tasty fresh veggies with flavor, and you have yourself the ultimate tacos. Top with cheese, avocados or extra beans and it’s a meal. I of course added salsa and hot sauce when enjoying it this route, but it was G-O-O-D!
If you are looking for a meal delivery service that is plant-based, different, not bland, and fresh – Splendid Spoon is the way to go. Eat the meals as is or dress them up and spread them out more by my suggestions above!