A sweet and salty filling breakfast you can make in about 10 minutes. You can also try this recipe as an overnight oatmeal variation.
Oatmeal will always hold a special place in my heart. It is so filling and versatile! I never grow tired of it because of all the ways to prepare it. You can eat them soaked, warm from the stovetop or baked just to name a few.
Check out these other oatmeal recipes of mine
If you want, you can easily make this recipe into overnight oats. Just skip the stovetop instructions and make them the night before, soak in the fridge and add the toppings the next morning before diving in!
If you make these, be sure to post about it and tag me on Instagram @sailor_bailey and use #SailorBailey so I can see your creations!
Peanut Butter Pretzel Oatmeal
For the oatmeal
- 1 cup old fashined oats
- ½ cup almond milk or water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds optional
For the toppings
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ sauteed banana
- 1 tbs peanut butter
- 2 tbsp crushed pretzels
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Cook oats accroding to package with milk or water. add in chia seeds and maple syrup once stove is turned off.
- Once oatmeal is cooked to your liking scoop into a bowl and add the toppings
- spray a small frying pan with coconut oil or olive oil. place on medium heat. slice banana up to your preference and lay flat onto heated pan. Cook for 3 minutes, flip and turn oven off while other side cooks.