Loaded potato bites are perfect for your foodie friends when you are entertaining. They are also a great snack for game day.
One of my favorite things about the holidays are the creative appetizers friends and family bring over. People in my circle love to get creative when it comes to the apps. Some years I feel like I am looking at a Pinterest worthy spread on the table.
One item that is always popular is guacamole, I can honestly say that’s where I spend most of my time. Planted by the guac bowl. This year I am planing on bringing my own guacamole recipe with WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE. As much as I love the WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE dip on its own with chips, I wanted to step it up a notch and impress my friends. If you aren’t familiar with WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE it’s made with real, high quality ingredients, including hand scooped Hass Avocados and absolutely no preservatives. I love it because it tastes and looks homemade just without all the fuss, hassle and unpredictable nature of avocados – with no risk for under or over-ripe avocados.
The perfect flavor potato bites. A little seasoning goes a long way with this recipe!
I wanted something savory, salty and full of flavor. So, I decided to make something with all the russet potatoes I had lying around. These Loaded Potato Bites have a grown up flavor to them, they aren’t greasy and they offer a great amount of healthy fats to help satiate you while you are snacking around the apps table over the holidays. These potato bites can be customized into a vegan or vegetarian snack, however I prefer the sautéd salmon on top, it elevates the old school classic and will be sure to impress your guests.
The goat cheese and salmon give these Loaded Potato Bites an adult flavor!
When you are shopping for WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE, there are several different flavors to choose from. The Classic, is my personal favorite, but they have Homestyle, Hatch Chile and a Spicy as well. Feel free to choose whichever guac you prefer for this recipe. You can find these products at Walmart, Target and several other grocery chains.
Loaded Baked Potato Bites Recipe
- 2 medium sized russet potatoes. sliced into 1/4 of an inch slices
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 portion of raw salmon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 7.5 oz tub of Wholly Guacamole
- 3 tbsp goat cheese (chèvre) crumbled
- 1 chopped jalepeño
- combine all the seasonings together (save a little of it for the fish if you choose to top with salmon)
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- in a large bowl put potatoes in with 1 tbsp of oil and sprinkle seasonings on potatoes
- lay parchment paper down on a cooking sheet and place potatoes flat on parchment paper. If some don’t fit, you can do a second batch or save them to cook up for breakfast in a sauté pan
- place in the over for about 20 – 25 min be sure to flip the potatoes and check with a fork throughout
- While the potatoes are in the oven, heat up a skillet with the other tbsp of oil in it. Rub leftover seasoning on Salmon. Place salmon in hot skillet on medium to high heat and cook each side for about 4 to 5 minutes each side. Once the salmon is fully cooked, squeeze the fresh lemon on it and let it cool a bit
- When the potatoes are finished top with the WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE, goat cheese crumbles, salmon pieces and jalapeños. Serve and enjoy