This hearty filling salad is full of veggies and plant based protein. It pairs perfectly with the smokey creamy southwestern style dressing and the recipe is completely dairy free!
This Kale Salad is customizable
You can add any veggies you prefer to this salad. It is full of sautéed vegetables and very filling. You are more than welcome to customize the salad and add your favorite veggies!
We love to use up vegetables by throwing them into loaded salads. Nothing beats a loaded salad when the temps start to heat up. You can make this recipe a day ahead of time so it's ready to eat when you are off work or if you bring it as a lunch.Jump to Recipe
Other recipes to try
- Roasted Cauliflower With Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- SALMON SALAD WITH SWEET ONION VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
- BURRATA SALAD WITH HONEY DIJON DRESSING
How to make massaged kale
Massaged kale is just what it sounds like, kale that has been massaged by you with your hands! You will need 1 to 2 tbs of olive oil, a tsp of lemon juice and some seasoning. Wash, dry and chop up the kale in a big bowl. Simply pour the oil, seasoning and lemon over the leaves and gently massage them with your fingers until the leaves are softened.
If you make these, be sure to post about it and tag me on Instagram @sailor_bailey and use #SailorBailey so I can see your creations!
Kale Salad With Southwest Dressing
For The Kale Salad
- 6 cups kale chopped, stemed and massaged (see notes above)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 avocado sliced
- ¼ cup tahini
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- In a large bowl massage the kale with your fingertips with lemon, oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté mushrooms and onion in a skillet with 1 tbs oil. Brown up veggies and set to the side. Once cooled mix in veggies and quinoa toss into kale.
- In a small bowl add all the ingredients EXCEPT water. Add water in 1 tbs at a time until tahini is the consistancy you prefer. It will dry up at first but eventually 1 tbs at a time the tahini will except the waer and thin out into a perfect creamy dressing texture. Drizzle over salad, toss it again and serve!