The perfect healthy sweet treat for you and the family. Ready in under 10 minutes with 3 ingredients!
Ready for summer? I know I am! As the weather gets hot I like to have some cold treats stocked in the freezer. These little banana bites are ready in 10 minutes and have no added sugars. They are made with 3 ingredients and the whole family will love them.
Other No Bake Treats:
These are such a fun snack to make, anyone can whip them up with a few simple ingredients. You will need a little patience for them to freeze just right to hold together. You will also be melting the chocolate (which takes some patience as well!)
I recommend using semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips. These two will melt the best and be nice and creamy for your banana.
How to melt your chocolate
You will want to get a small saucepan and fill it with abut 2 cups of water. You will want to place a cereal size bowl over it (a bowl that is slightly larger than the saucepan so it doesn't touch the water but it hovers over the water). This will melt the chocolate perfectly and make it nice and creamy for the coating on the bananas.
You will start with slicing the bananas and building your "sandwich" and freeze it before dipping into the chocolate. I recommend making the chocolate melt 5 minutes after putting the bites into the freezer.
If you make these, be sure to post about it and tag me on Instagram @sailor_bailey and use #SailorBailey so I can see your creations!
Frozen Banana Bites
- 2 medium sized bananas - sliced intp even coins
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- ¼ cup chocolate chips semi sweet or milk chocolate
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups water (to melt chocolate over)
- Slice your bananas into even coins, you want them similar in width so the sandwhich are similar in size. Place all the slices from one banana on a flat plate covered in parchment paper. slice second banana, keep to the side.
- Clear a flat surface in your freezer that will fit the plate. Place a small dollop of almond butter on each banana. Lightly top each banana with the sliced second banana. Eat the leftovers if you have any 🙂
- Place the banana bites in the freezer on a flat service. Wait 5-10 minutes and start to make your chocolate sauce.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a small sauce pan. Place a cereal bowl that is slightly bigger in diameter over the boiling water. Place chips in the bowl and let them slowly melt, use a whisk to mix the chocolate chips together until they are smooth. Grab bites from the freezer and slowly dip them in the chocolate sauce. Place back on parchment paper and sprinkle with sea salt. Place back in the freezer for a few more minutes then enjoy!
Leave a Reply