Chocolate and peanut butter together in a brownie = a match made in heaven! These GF peanut butter brownies are rich, full of peanut butter flavor and are fudgey on the inside with a nice crispy crust on the outside.Jump to Recipe
I adapted my original gluten free brownie recipe a bit for this elevated brownie version. If you have peanut allergies you can try the above recipe or swap the peanut butter for any nut butter you can safely enjoy!
These Brownies use homemade oat flour! Here are instructions on making your own oat flour:
You will want to measure out just about one and a half cups of oats for this recipe. Add it to your food processor and run it on high until you have a smooth flour consistency. You may need to scrap the sides a few times with a dry spatula to be sure you get all the oats the same consistency. See the below photo for the consistency you are looking to achieve.
Be sure to use a certified gluten free oat. Oats are naturally gluten free but if you are dealing with an extreme allergy you will want to be sure the oats are certified safe.
Do I have to use peanut butter?
No! You can really use any nut butter you prefer. Cashew butter, almond butter, sunflower butter would all be great alternatives. You can also make these without nut butter at all however I suggest you check out my GF brownie recipe (it is linked at the top of this blog post if you'd like).
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Brownies
- 8x8 baking pan
- 1⅓ cup ground oat flour any oats will work
- ¼ cup applesauce or ripe banana
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup coconut sugar or maple syrup
- ½ tsp espresso powder
- 1 cup coco powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs (use 3 if you prefer a cake consistency)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chunky or creamy peanut butter
- Set oven to 350. Place oats in a food processor and blend into a fine flour. Set aside.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a large bowl. Start with oil, add maple syrup or sugar. Add vanilla, mashed banana or applesauce, eggs, peanut butter.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl: flour, espresso powder, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips. Mix well with a whisk. Add the dry ingredients slowly into the wet ingredients with a hand mixer or spatula.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper or grease it. Pour mixture into the pan. Place in oven and bake for 15 to 17 minutes (the longer they cook the less fudge like they will be. Let the brownies completely cool before cutting otherwise they will crumble a bit!