This curry spiced quinoa salad has aromatic Indian spices in it for a fun change up. It's filling and has several different textures from veggies making it a great side or main for any meal you want to uplift. This recipe uses a few pantry staples like chickpeas and quinoa. You can add some hard boiled eggs to it for more protein but this dish can easily be made 100% plant based.Jump to Recipe
You can also try these recipes:
Quinoa is one of my favorite side dishes and elevating it to something different and new is so easy to do. If you didn't already know, quinoa is an edible seed with great protein and fiber nutrients. This is another reason to add it to your meals as a side, we can all use a little more fiber and protein in my opinion.
If you don't have some of the spices for this recipe you can easily just use curry and cumin for exceptional flavors.
- 1 -15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (follow package instructions)
- ½ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder - more to taste if you love it
- ½ tbsp cumin
- ½ tbsp yellow curry powder
- ¼ tsp coriander optional
- ⅛ tsp ground cardamon optional
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Rinse and drain the beans. Add them to a large bowl, Chop tomatoes and cucumbers into bite sized chunks. Add in cooled, cooked quinoa. Throw all the spices on, garlic, cumin, curry, salt, ground cardamon, coriander.
- Drizzle salad with olive oil and cilantro and mix together well. Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply