These warm stovetop oats have a few simple ingredients added to them to make them taste like an almond joy candy bar. Delish!
These oats are like eating a delicious coconut, almond, chocolate treat in the morning. They are filling, full of flavor and will keep you satiated all morning!
Also be sure to check out my
We eat oats almost daily in my house so it's important to get creative with the toppings and flavors so we don't get sick of them! Oatmeal is a calorie dense breakfast that keeps us full throughout the entire morning. when I have oatmeal for breakfast I rarely reach for snacks before lunch.
You can easily change up your oatmeal routine!
There are so many ways you can jazz up your oats, even different techniques you can use to make them a different texture completely, like overnight oats. Check out my super easy overnight oat recipe . Overnight oats are an east breakfast you can whip up the night before and have ready for you in the fridge first thing in the morning! You can turn these stovetop oats into overnight oats if you'd prefer!
simple changes will make you love oatmeal again. Be sure to watch your topping intake as the calories can add up quickly. A little bit goes a long way with oatmeal.
Almond Joy Oatmeal
These oats have coconut flakes in them, coconut is something I find people either love or hate! We happen to LOVE them. I always opt for the unsweetened coconut flakes/shreds to cut back on sugar. You can use whatever you prefer for this recipe. Stove top oats always feel more filling than any other hot cereal. I chose to use old fashioned oats for this recipe, you can use any oat style you prefer just read the cooking instructions on the box as cooking will vary.
If you make this recipe be sure to tag me on Instagram @sailor_bailey and use #SailorBailey so I can see your creations!
Almond Joy Oatmeal
For the oatmeal
- 1 cup old fashined oats
- ½ cup coconut milk or water
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp chia seeds optional
For the toppings
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp almonds option to crush them up into bite sized pieces and mix in
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut flakes
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ sauteed banana
- 1 tsp almond butter
- Cook oats accroding to package. add in coconut shreds and chia seeds.
- Once oatmeal is cooked to your liking scoop into a bowl and add the toppings
- spray a small frying pan with coconut oil or olive oil. place on medium heat. slice banana up to your preference and lay flat onto heated pan. Cook for 3 minutes, flip and turn oven off while other side cooks.