Cinnamon Sugar Muffins make a great treat for breakfast or after dinner. If you loved cinnamon sugar toast growing up, you will love this recipe!
I was always that child who wanted the sugary cereals in the morning, I even still love having a little cereal for dessert some nights. I also love muffins in the morning slathered with butter, so I decided to take my two breakfast loves and combine them into one!
You can make this recipe completely dairy free if you use coconut oil instead of butter however the topping always turns out best when you use butter with it.
Easy Cinnamon Pancake Muffins
- 1½ cup all pupose flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 large egg
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease the muffin cups. In a large bowl whisk together the sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg
- In a small bowl beat the egg lightly. Add in the milk, vanilla and melted oil/butter
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir. Do not over mix! Spoon the batter into muffin cups about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for about 20 minutes. Oven temps will vary so please keep an eye on the muffins!
For The Topping
- In a small bowl mix together the cinnamon, sugar. in another small bowl, melt oil or butter. Dip baked and cooled muffins in the oil/butter and then into the cinnamon sugar mix!
Can I make these vegan?
Yes! but I haven’t tried it vegan so you may need to experiment with a chia or flax egg
I don’t have coconut sugar, can I used regular white sugar?
Yes! I do not recommend brown sugar but white granulated sugar is fine
How long will these keep?
If refrigerated, about 1 week. If left on the counter closer to 4 days depending on the temperatures. You can also freeze them and take out as needed!