This salad is packed with flavor and everything is easily made from scratch. Perfect for summer lunches or dinner. The raspberry vinaigrette dressing has only a few ingredients and can be made in under 5 minutes.
Other salads or dressings you may also like:
- SALMON SALAD W/ SWEET ONION VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
- CREAMY VEGAN KALE SALAD
- ARUGULA SALAD WITH MAPLE GARLIC DRESSING
I am such a sucker for a loaded berry salad. Especially in the summer months. I never want to turn on the oven, and grilling can be a bit much in the heat. I turn to trusty salads that are full of antioxidants and nutrients that are good for my skin. Berries have many benefits but they are important to load up on in the summer months when skin can get quite a beating from the sun and heat!
Make your own candied walnuts on the stovetop
Don’t buy the processed candied nuts at the store! Instead make your own with 3 simple ingredients and within minutes (no baking or oven required!) You can easily make them on the stovetop with a little butter (about a 1/2 of a tbsp) and 1/2 of a tbsp of sugar. Let it melt a bit and then toss in a 1/2 cup of walnuts. Toss the mixture a few times to get it evenly coated and then remove from the heat before the sugar starts to burn. I usually leave mine on some parchment paper to cool and harden.
Massage your kale
Always make sure you massage your kale a little with a touch of olive oil when having in a salad. It cuts down the bitter taste and makes it much more enjoyable. Of course if you love raw kale it’s not necessary but I rarely meet someone who loves it raw 🙂
Berry Salad With Raspberry Vinaigrette
For the salad
- 7 cups kale *massaged with hands in 1 tbsp of oil
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup raspberries You will need ½ cup for the dressing
- 4 sliced strawberries
- 1 sliced avocado
- 4 tbsp feta or goat cheese
- ½ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tbsp chopped shallots or white onion extra for topping on salad
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- ½ tbsp butter
- ½ tbsp sugar
- Make your walnuts and dressing first. Blend all dressing ingredients together.
For the candied walnuts
- melt butter and sugar in a pan and toss walnuts in pan until evenly coated with mixture. be careful not to burn the sugar! Set aside on parchment paper or cooling rack to cool and harden.
For the salad
- Toss spinach and kale together with dressing. Add in feta, lightly mix. Top with berries and avocado. Add walnuts on top and enjoy!