This mushroom stroganoff has been a go-to meal of ours for a long time. whenever we want something a little more hearty, but are craving a vegetarian meal – its usually this one right here. Its perfect over egg noodles (regular or whole wheat) and even better on its own over a handful or fresh arugula – something about that peppery leaf gives it a really great taste and texture. I typically add in a few noodles with it for more variation. Regardless of your choice, this meal won’t leave you feeling heavy afterwards I can assure you of that.
- 3 Tbs minced shallots
- 2 tbsp of avocado oil
- 6 sliced portobello mushrooms (feel free to load up on any mushroom here- sometimes i do an extra package of sliced mushrooms)
- 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper
- 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 C of vegetable broth
- 1/4 C of plain vegan yogurt or goats yogurt * not allergic to dairy? you can use any plan yogurt or sour cream
- 2 Tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp of soy sauce or amino acids
- 8 Oz of whole wheat egg noodles
In a large skillet saute onions in oil until translucent, add mushrooms seasoning and all liquids. Simmer on low until mushrooms are tender. Add yogurt and simmer for another 3 – 5 minutes. Serve over arugula, noodles or any other green you like.