This baked buffalo cauliflower is vegan and made with a handful of ingredients. Ready in under 30 minutes. A sure crowd pleaser.
Move over chicken, crispy baked buffalo cauliflower is the new healthy appetizer for game day, sorry to say it but it's true. This recipe is made with only a handful of ingredients, adding these wings to your next football party is key to impressing your guests.
Why Make This Recipe.
This vegan baked buffalo cauliflower is allergy and diet friendly. It is gluten free, and vegan.
Crispy baked buffalo cauliflower is a great alternative for plant-based diets, vegans or someone who is wanting to add more veggies to their diet. The cauliflower has a great consistency and if you use the right buffalo sauce, an even better bite to them!
Anyone can make this recipe. It only has a few simple steps to whip up and you can have it ready in under 30 minutes.
Ingredients For This Recipe.
Cauliflower. Yep you guessed it! Cleaned and chopped into equal bite side pieces.
Almond Flour. You may also use rice flour for this recipe.
Buffalo Sauce. If you don't like the spicy flavor of buffalo hot sauce I suggest grabbing your favorite barbecue sauce and tossing them in that instead! Just like regular chicken wings, these baked buffalo cauliflower bites have no limits for sauce combinations!
I will be the first to admit that I can polish off an entire batch of this crispy baked buffalo cauliflower. If you are entertaining a large part I recommend doubling up on the ingredients and making two batches.
How To Make this Baked Buffalo Cauliflower.
- Step 1. You will want to chop up the head of cauliflower into bite sized pieces. However, if the pieces are too small, the batter won't stick. If they are too large the batter will fall off when you bite into them.
- Step 2. Make sure your batter is the perfect consistency. This is important for the crispy factor of the "wings". Mix the dry ingredients with the water and whisk well to avoid any clumps.
- Step 3 & 4. Bake the cauliflower on parchment paper in the oven on 400 for about 15 minutes, flip the cauliflower and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes. Once cauliflower is soft and browned with a crispy coating, toss in a bowl full of buffalo sauce. Be sure to use plenty of sauce. For example, the baked cauliflower will soak up a bit of sauce, you may want a small amount of reserves ready since cauliflower head sizes can vary. Enjoy
FAQs & Expert Tips.
Yes, it will be just as good
about 4 days. TO reheat you can use the oven, air fryer or microwave.
You can use rice flour in place of the almond flour.
Related Recipes With Cauliflower.
- 20 Minute Coconut Cauliflower
- Roasted Cauliflower With Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- Chipotle Cauliflower Tacos
Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower
- 4 cup cauliflower *one large head
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup almond flour *
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups buffalo sauce *